Sunday, December 12, 2004

George W. Bush "Hatches the Egg"

I still scratch my head in puzzlement trying to figure out 'what those 59 million people were thinking.' I mean, HOW could Kerry have lost in 2004?

I recall hearing Secretary Evans on the tube relating that it was the consistency of George W. Bush that made him so attractive. As Evans stated, with George W. Bush, you know where he stands because 'he says what he means and he means what he says.'

That was SUCH a familiar comment. Where HAD I heard that before. Tonight, again trying to get some reason out of cyberspace, I came across the American Enterprise Institute, that famous conservative 'think tank', where they wrote:
"There is no doubt that John Kerry showed great skill at embracing deeply contradictory positions, but that does not make him unusual; all politicians have mastered the art of self-contradiction. What was remarkable in this election is that one candidate, President Bush, never changed: He said what he meant and meant what he said."


But then it all came back to me. It was HORTON! Dr. Seuss's famous elephant who was put up to hatching an egg! As Seuss wrote:

"I mean what I say, and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100 percent."


Who says the Republicans aren't big readers! Perhaps the Cat in the Hat can come back and get us out of Iraq too. Or maybe the Sneetches with stars upon thars?

John Kerry, America needs you today and they need you to be our President, but we shall have to wait for 2008!

Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home