Sunday, January 02, 2005

Did John Kerry 'let down supporters'?

It was reported today in a story by the Scotsman that John Kerry feels that he 'let down his supporters'. As was reported in the interview:
"I’m not going to lick my wounds or hide under a rock or disappear. I’m going to learn. I’ve had disappointments and I’ve learned to cope. I’ve lost friends, a marriage; I’ve lost things in life," the twice-married Kerry told Newsweek.

He went on to say:
"The pundits have never liked me," he told Newsweek. "Is it the way I look? The way I sound?"

But of greatest concern, was his own feeling of responsibility for the failure of his campaign in 2004. He placed the burden of his failure on his own shoulders; as the article reports:
Kerry’s nephew, Jose Ferreira, had told the senator how intensely loyal his supporters had been. "Those are the people I let down," Kerry reportedly said.

Well Senator Kerry, rest assured, I speak as one supporter that was never disappointed in YOU. I may have felt at times that we all could have done a better job supporting your campaign. We could have knocked on a few more doors, donated a few more dollars, and made a few more phone calls.

But we shall not let you off the hook so easily with a "Thank-you" and "Good-bye!". You see we have more plans for you. So get your skiing and wind-surfing in while you have the times. We need you for 2008 more than ever. There is no time for self-pity or self-doubt. This country and the world need you for 2008.

Bob

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another person that will fight to see this man elected in 2008.

John Kerry, you never let me down either!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home