Thursday, September 15, 2005

Remembering John Kerry and Dick Cheney's Daughter!

I received a nice note from John Corney, who has a website Ariki Art which has some terrific artwork that I have used on this blog. John writes that he has written about John Kerry on his site and would I be so kind to link to him.


"Gypsy Den Cafe" An Ariki Art Image


The two entries that are worth reading include his comments about the October 13, 2004, Presidential debate in which both John Kerry and George W. Bush are asked about "Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?". John Kerry referred in his answer to Dick Cheney's daughter suggesting that "We're all God's children, and I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was. She's being who she was born as. I think if you talk to anybody, it's not a choice."

George W. Bush simply didn't know.

Corney writes:
"I don’t want a President who is disingenuous about his opinions about gay people. Such equivocation from our highest political leader does not make me feel safe. No, I congratulate John Kerry, who has endured no end of personal attacks on his own moral character and choices, and also of his wife too, for speaking out positively and strongly for gay people. He demonstrated that he will be a leader who is willing and unashamed to hold up strong and successful gay people as examples of citizens who contribute positively to society and who put a lie to the myths that surround gay people, such as gay people being sick and sinful and in need of cures and salvation."
Corney went on and commented further on this issue here.

I cannot speak for Senator Kerry. I can say that I respect John Corney's perspective. Above all, we need to work for an America that treats every individual with respect. That does not deny any individual any of the "blessings of liberty" that we all expect to enjoy. That we respect the talents and aspirations of every American regardless of their race, sex, nationality, sexual orientation or handicap. That is the America I believe in!

Thank you Mr. Corney for allowing me to share your comments with my readers and for allowing me to use the wonderful artwork that I have used on my blog.

Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home